terça-feira, 12 de julho de 2011

"Heroes", to Xinran Xue


Heroes
By: Áurea Fortes

For many times I have believed in a world populated by heroes.
Strong men of greatness and bravery

Sometimes quiet, sometimes dominant.
Energetic by nature.
Master in the art of manipulating
Certain of their attitudes, even though they were obviously wrong.
Time, Lord of reason, made me look even more closely
at the daily life of these heroes of half-truths

Powerful, when the interest was convenient for them
Falses
mediocre
hypocrites.
Real.
Humans.
Pseudo heroes urge on me an enormous will to go back
to the fortress of the world, where I really came from
The womb.
Protected by the one who truly loves
Indifferent to the actions of a world that disappoints,
Sadden and kills.
Satisfied with the child that live
From affection, forgiveness and cuddles
From mother's lap
From father’s hug
And even if death doesn’t prove itself
And from it we know only about its beginnings.
I prefer a World of illusion.
With no heroes or villains
Populated only by my beautiful heroines.

"Heroes" is a stretch from the show "Aphorisms," presented in October 2009 by Luciano Freitas and I. Basically, the text is a statement of love and admiration for all women, my beautiful heroines. The show was dedicated to the journalist Xinran Xue, for her wisdom and bravery.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário